EXPRESSION OF INTEREST:
- – Proposal Writers
- – Youth Leaders
- – Customer Service Professionals
- Department: Terra Academy
- Reports to The Coordinator
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Duration of Engagement: 90 Days
Terra Academy for the Arts (TAFTA) is set up to provide free education in technical skills that bridge the talent gaps for the creative industry. Our courses are offered online, supplemented by practical offline sessions in Lagos, Ogun and Kano State.
The Project therefore seeks to train65,000 young women and men over the next five years. The project proceeds on the premise that youths especially women and girls in the creative industry are central to addressing the gender gaps and male dominance in the sector, furthermore, elevating the role of theatre in the fight against marginalization of women in Arts.
The Academy runs six to eight-week programs four times in an academic year in Scriptwriting, Sound Design, Light Design, Animation, Business and Entrepreneurship. Our students are guided through online courses, provided mentorships and required to participate in assessments.
Students take classes essentially online but we have practical training centers for relevant courses.
Our students are between the ages of 16 and 35 years.
Need for Corporate Sectors Engagement
We are putting in place structures and systems to facilitate internship placements, job linkages and enterprise support for our graduates. This is why we need volunteers to boost up our efforts in engaging with corporate partners for sponsorship, support and collaboration so that the project can achieve its stated goals and objectives effectively.
III. Purpose, Objectives and Outcome
To provide scheduled assistance to the project team in varied of assigned tasks, such as writing of proposals, calling on online learners, etc.
1. Scope, Focus of the Assignment and Deliverables
Based at location, under the direct supervision of the TAFTA Coordinator, the main
1) Document preparation, Proposal generation to be assigned from time to time
2) Solicitation for corporate partnerships
3) Other assigned tasks
In lieu of the above responsibilities and objectives, the following results are required:
- A) Securing Stakeholders Support for our programme
- B) Initiative Reporting
- C) Indicative Timeframe
Time frame is subject to volunteers’ availability
INPUTS OF TAFTA
The TAFTA Program lead shall provide the volunteers with:
- Relevant list of prospective partners
- Direction on assigned tasks
- Internet for usage
Three Months, renewable
- Roles and Responsibilities
Strategic guidance will be provided by assigned TAFTA Official.
VII. Recruitment Qualifications
This volunteer opportunity is open to Students of postgraduate schools working towards a Masters degree or certification in Business. Administration/ Entrepreneurial, Policy Management, International Relations, Law, Development studies, Media, Communications or related field.
Youth leaders do not need to present qualifications. But evidence of extensive network of youth
Previous experience in brand marketing, business development, social work or stakeholder engagement will be an advantage Language
Excellent oral and written communication in English.
Ability to communicate on phone with learners
- Our ideal volunteer has his/her laptop or access to a personal computer.
- Adept usage of popular software – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to use virtual meeting applications – Zoom, Microsoft Teams and Google Meet
- Ability to work remotely. (Volunteers will choose whether to work remotely
or come to our office)
Youth Leaders and Community leaders with extensive network of young
people in Lagos, Kano and Ogun States are encouraged to apply
- Hinirarium to cover internet and logistics will be provided
- Recognition of our volunteers include Certificates of Acknowledgement and Badge of Honour Sponsors and Collaborators for Social Work.” OR “How I can help TAFTA Achieve her objectives”
*** PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED***
Plot 1376, Tiamiyu Savage, Off Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island, Lagos